Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Things I remember

It's pretty sad when the younger generation tells you that: "You know you're getting old when the music you grew up with is turned into elevator music". I bit my tongue holding back my comments with a smurky smile on my face. Never saying a word. Yes, it's true that I will be 40 in August of this year. I remember the music I listened to as well. Music such as The Bee Gees, The Commodores (Brick House), Chic (Le Freak), Donna Summer, Diana Ross, The Emotions, Eddie Money, Hall & Oates, Linda Ronstadt, Loverboy, Marvin Gaye, etc... There were much more that I listened to when I was young.

So the next time a young person says that to you, tell them, they too will go through the same thing when they get older and know how we feel! MUWAAAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAAA!

5 comments:

Rosemary Welch said...

I am almost 8 years older than you, and this music was coming out when I was young! lol.

All kidding aside, 40 was the best age for me. It set me free. I wasn't old. I wasn't too young to understand. I was just right. Enjoy it! One day at a time. :)

Rita Loca said...

The Bee Gees! Remember Andy Gibb? I see my married daughter now starting to see there are younger people than her. I love it!

Unknown said...

I agree with Rosemary about hitting the 40 year mark. It seemed to be a wonderful time in my life, as I finally felt like I had arrived into adulthood and some people actually started listening to me as though I may have a bit of wisdom to share. I also seemed to become more confident!

Pen of Jen said...

Rita(Jungle mom) sent me here! I am glad that she did, except that I am turning 40 in June!( making me slightly older than you!)
I was a Bruce Springsteen fan( how did I ever like him?)
I wrote a post for all those who comment to tell us 2 blogs that they like. So here I am. Feel free to stop by and suggest 2 blogs for the readers to to visit!
Have a wonderful Sunday!

Rancher said...

I almost wet my pants laughing when I heard “Look what they've done to my song” as muzak in an elevator. As often happens those around me thought I had a screw loose.