Thursday, January 11, 2007

Experienced with an Ouija Board

I remember when I was around the age of 5 and saw my Dad get baptized in the waters in the Ice Cold month of February. I was crying because I couldn't understand exactly what was going on and I thought they were trying to drown my dad. I did not like that at all and that was devastating to me. Seeing my poor dad, freezing in the cold, being dunked under the water. However, something had happened and my parents stopped going to church. I still continued to go until the age of 10. The church bus used to pick me up to attend Sunday schools. I really wanted a Bible of my own, but never received one. So I stopped going for a long time. My dad is a very withdrawn person. He may have been there physically, but as far as emotionally nurturing, he wasn't. I cannot remember if my dad ever sat down with me just to read me a book, having father/daughter talks nor do I remember him helping me with my homework. My dad was a hard person to please.

While I was in high school, I wasn't even thinking about religion. I just wanted to talk to my friends and hang out with them. I had 1 boyfriend during all my years in high school (10th grade). Come to think of it now, 2 to 3 weeks isn't really long enough to consider that a boyfriend. LOL I never even thought about sex in high school. When you're a teen, you want to do what friends do and go shopping, go out to eat, go to football games, etc... One day, I asked my Mom about the Ouija board, and she explained to me briefly what it was. So we started to play with it, well, IT NEVER WORKED. That pointer would not move an inch. I always thought that Mom was pushing it when she played with others. I would concentrate and keep trying but it didn't work. Well, that was the end of that one. I never knew about the dangers of it until years later. Later in School (senior year), while my friends got asked to go to the prom, I was never asked to go. So I missed out on that.

Well, years later after high school I had worked, got married, had a child, his infidelity and alcoholism, and divorce after 7 years. But during that time, my mom called me because she, my sister and my cousin were playing the Ouija board (Still not knowing the dangers). She told me it was working fine when they asked questions. Apparently, they asked questions about me, I guess that board flipped out. It absolutely did not like me at all. What was the reason? "T-O-O S-P-I-R-I-T-U-A-L." I started laughing. I thought to myself, ok. So that was the end of that. No Problem at all. It wasn't until years later, I found out the real reason why it didn't work for me. Jesus Christ had been protecting me all along my entire life! He appeared to me in the hospital when I was 5 or 6 and then appeared to me in my dream and spoke to me just before I woke up to heart attack. Doctors were stunned I stayed awake throughout the entire ordeal. According to my lab results, I should not have been able to call 911.

I have failed Jesus Christ so many times in my life, but yet, he is always there to forgive me when I pray. He is the father that I've always wanted. He's humble, meek, warm, soft spoken, and a wonderful teacher. He taught me to pray. Before this all happened, I could never understand the Bible, but since that time, I know it and the Holy Spirit has guided me ever since. May God be with us always in our life's journeys. In Jesus's name. Amen!

7 comments:

Rosemary Welch said...

Hey! Who gave you permission to tell my story??? LOL.

There are a couple differences, though. I didn't see my Daddy get baptized, I went to Church untill twelve, the oiji board experience scared the living be-jesus out of us (we were in a small apt when all the lights went out, wind was in the room I think, and there was no one to protect us), I was married for 8 days but got divorced in 13 years, and minor things like that.

I know about the Daddy. I think that has made us stronger. We had to be strong to please our Daddy. We may not realize it, but this is a good thing he did for us. It doesn't have to hurt. Remember the fun. :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and powerful persoanl story of faith, faith and more faith. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Rosemary. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I really enjoyed reading that, thank you.

The ouija and glassy glassy never worked for my mom when she was a child. When her siblings and friends played it, it would stop when she entered the room.

I too have tried and it will not work for me, even though i lived in a house that had a lot of demonic activity going on in it it STILL would not work.

I am a born again christian and I believe that is the reason why it will never work for me just as it never worked for my mom who became a christian and what you said in this post confirms this for me.

Jonny said...

Ok, an Ouija Board is not actually controlled by "spirits" or the dead or anything. What actually happens is you are subconciously moving the glass yourself, which is why if you ask it a question that you dont know the answer to, it will usually be wrong. I can prove this to you by another little test...
Right now, make a "pendant". Just attach something like some keys to about 6-8 inches of string. Now just look at, concentrate all of your energy on making that pendant move. Just will it to move. The only thing that will stop this from moving is if you decide it won't work, same with an Ouiji Board. Will it to go around in a circle clockwise... then anticlockwise, and you will find that it does it. Its the same with an Ouija Board, its your brain answering the questions subconciously. (Oh and btw, I also have an answer to why you might think prayers are answered, when its just tapping into a different part of your brain, but thats a different story :)

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

Some may feel squeamish about eating it, but rabbit has a fan base that grows as cooks discover how easy they are to raise — and how good the meat tastes.

shannon Gilmour said...

Hello, thank you for telling your story. I used an ouija board when I was 17 years old and the demon/ demons followed me around for over 12 years attacking me, almost possessing me, even having sex with me while lay paralyzed in my bed. My children were never told about what I was endurning nightly and they came to me when they were young telling me of monsters coming and going from my room. I immediately thought 'legion' and 'gnashing of teeth' I speak openly about it, and I can say with confidence that I have found deliverance through Jesus Christ!
One just doesn't dabble in the unknown, either you are in or out, and there is no in between. I am so thankful for Jesus saving me! I would be over come with a sensation that would bring paralisys, and I would try to say Our Father's prayer in my head and even evil took away the words, jumbled them up and caused me to forget them. The only word He could not touch in my mind was the Name of Jesus, but no I do not mean to suggest using the Lord's name as an incantation, no. I just mean when you call upon His name, and believe, you will be saved.