Friday, January 19, 2007

The Lost Sheep

Parable of the Lost Sheep.........Luke 15:3-7

3 And he spake this parable unto them, saying,
4 What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbors, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in the heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over the ninety and nine just persons which need no repentance.

This is one of my favorite parables. This reminded of my dream with Jesus Christ teaching me how to pray. He indeed called me back to him. That loving, warm, gentle voice that spoke to me. I will never forget how I dropped to my knees and repented to all the sins I have committed from my youth up to adulthood. I cried out in tears of pain because of the guilt I felt knowing that he shed his blood upon that cross to pay for my sins. By his stripes, I was healed. That lifted a lot of heartache of my chest.

So if anyone feels that they are in need of serious repentance, please ask God in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins. He did this so that all who believed in him would be saved from eternal damnation.

3 comments:

Rosemary Welch said...

And I thank Him eternally for this. :)

Rita Loca said...

Thank You fr sharing this testimony. What a Saviour!

Unknown said...

Loved the post! I want to post my testimony as well soon. Thanks for sharing!