Thursday, April 12, 2007

Our Spiritual Nature

Romans 8:14-17 (KJV) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

It is the Spirit of God himself who sends down the Holy Spirit to the believers in Jesus's name. I do not believe in the Benny Hinn type Holy Spirit. This Holy Spirit comes directly from God Almighty himself which he has placed inside of you. This is a very deep and spiritual connection between God Almighty and mankind. The Holy Spirit is one who convicts us if we sin against him as well as other mankind in which we often are sorrowful and remorseful. It is one that bears witness to what is in our hearts. It gives us happiness, joy, love, respect, laughter and ownership. Sometimes I get so happy that I cry of joy. I enjoy watching the happiness of people who love the Lord Almighty the same way I do.

Sometimes I cry when I hear about crimes/attrocities being done, Genocide being committed in other countries, lack of human rights in other countries. There are so many that are lost in this world and they need guidance. We as God's loving people in Christ's name should be spreading the Good News. When I think of spreading the News, I think of Jungle Mom Rita and her family and how they are in Venezuela and Paraguay spreading the news of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. There are many more out there as well. I keep praying that this continues with the guidance and love from God Almighty in Jesus Christ's name.

May God Bless each and every one of you and have a wonderful day.

9 comments:

Rita Loca said...

I was so enjoying reading your post and was quite surprised when my name came up! Thank you I feel very honored.

Anonymous said...

That was a very sincere and heartfelt post and thank you for sharing. I feel the same way. The Holy Spirit has the same effect on me as well. And you're right about Jungle Mom Rita. I admire her immensley. There is nothing more important in the world right now than what she is doing.

Sherry said...

Thank you both so much! I love to blog! Its so much fun. But the glory is of God Almighty in Jesus's name for allowing good people like Rita and her hubby to do his work in a land known as Chavezuela.

Rancher said...

What is the Benny Hinn type Holy Spirit? I thought Benny Hinn was a chain of Japanese steakhouses.

Sherry said...

LOL Rancher. The Benny Hinn type Holy spirit is when he claims he can heal you and you fall on the ground. Or if you are in the spirit and you roll all over the floor. Youtube has good examples of this. Especially the one where the song is "Let the bodies hit the floor". LOL

Rita Loca said...

LoL! We girls are giving Rancher a whole new vocabulary! I love his comments!

Anonymous said...

Sherry: I think you'd like this video/song:

http://www.veoh.com/videos/e177937QRPhjwyy&source=embedVideo

Rancher said...

Thanks JM and Sherry, if I can bring a smile my day is made. I will work for LOL! If someone believes, and that belief results in positive changes to that person’s life, does it matter what brought that change to occur? I would think that any manifestation of the Holy Spirit was good, even if it came from Benny Hanna, I mean Benny Hinn. I judge religions on results, not dogma. That way I can support Mormons without believing that Joseph Smith actually talked to a white Salamander to get his gospel. The Morons are a positive influence on society.

Try explaining calculus to an ant. While you are trying to teach great things to the ant, she cannot really comprehend fully the knowledge that you are trying to impart, she will interpret that knowledge based on her life experiences, her culture, her previous beliefs, her mental capacity, and incorporate it all into a set of beliefs. It will not be an exact translation of ideas, but if the knowledge cap is not too huge some good will come. I believe all great religions are a manifestation of God’s will but they can only be expressed through mankind, an imperfect vessel at best.

Rosemary Welch said...

Yes, I admire Jungle Mom also. She is wonderfully delightful and full of His truth. Whether she is up or down, I can always see the Hand of God at work.

Same with you, Sherry. :)

As for Rancher, he is a guy. He can't help it. (Only kidding!) A non-committed faith is not a good, though. I am absolutely convinced that Jesus Christ is Lord and He died on the Cross at Calvary to take the burden of my sins upon Himself. This is the only I may enter the Gates of Heaven.

Of course, Jesus also did go out into the world and care for all different kind of people. So you can still care for others, but it is best to be certain of your own path. :)