Thursday, September 14, 2006

Foolish vs. Wise

1 Corinthians Chapter 1

19: For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

23: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

25: Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26: For ye see your calling brethren, how that not many wise after the flesh, not many noble, are called.

27: But God hath chosen the the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;


The message is clear! There are so many new Preachers in this world who constantly want to disassociate with the correct method of the "Teachings of the Cross". They will say, "But He is risen". We know that he is risen and is the Living God. However, the wages of sin is Death. He became sin to us. That is why he was crucified. He lead captivity captive. The extreme importance of the cross is to be taught. This is not something that preachers should say "that was in the past, but he is risen". I was watching a TV program one day and saw a certain young Pastor preach this and I started crying. The whole concept of the cross is the fact that HE ALONE, being made God in the Flesh, perfect, righteous and sovereign took those sins to his death on the Cross, so that all would believe. That is why the correct methods of "Teaching the Cross" should be taught and should always be remembered. If you believe in Jesus Christ, the one true word which was made flesh, then you should believe in his Cross, realizing the love he had in trying to save us. God Bless everyone in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

3 comments:

Rosemary Welch said...

I believe He took the Cross so that we all shall live, not believe. :)

Amen! Great job. You may have the same problem I have, though. I write slower than I think, or I am thinking so fast it sometimes comes out in only ways I know what I'm talking about.

Try this. Before you post, there is tab that says, "Preview." Try hitting this. This way you can read it in a more comfortable way. I have to start doing that as well.

I know we like to be perfect but as you know, there is only One. lol. God bless you, too.

PS. You can I think faster than I write by my comments. My words are sometimes missing, sometimes there are too many, sometimes they are duplicated, etc. lol. Oh well. I'm glad you understand what I mean, even if I do mess up. :)

Sherry said...

LOLOLOL I'm bad for that. I think faster and can speak better than I write. LOL Maybe I do need to hit the preview before hand. Sometimes I miss words altogether. I'm glad you understand mine. We are supposed to believe on the cross so that we may live with him in eternal glory. I'll try to do better next time.

Rosemary Welch said...

:)