Sunday, September 03, 2006

Question About Pastors Teachings

There is a question about some of the Pastors/Priests teachings when it comes to truth in the Bible. I have noticed that alot of Pastors will not go over Romans chapter 1:16-32 because they are afraid to offend someone. Why is that? I always believed in the Gospel of truth and that our Pastors/Priests/Reverends are supposed to teach these things. (I hope I asked this correctly)


Matthew 28:19,20 (KJV)
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

5 comments:

Baptist Girl said...

Hi Sherry,
It sounds to me that if they by- pass these verses, they *ARE* ashamed of the Gospel. I would have doubts about their position in Christ.

Cristina

Sherry said...

I think that by preaching these things as well as others, it would wake up those who are doing these things. You know?

Anonymous said...

John Piper has been preaching through Romans for 8+ years. On his site, Desiring God, you can listen to a series of semons that cover these verses in Romans 1. They are most excellent because they are God exalting. A quick search in sermonaudio.com will also offer up a plethora of God exalting and God honouring sermons on this passage. Be encouraged God, in HIS SOVEREIGNTY is causing this passage to be covered thoroughly, in preaching, often by HIS own men, and HE has opened up the availability to hear this preaching through sermonaudio.com, sermonindex.net, etc.

Sherry said...

Thank you Kim. I will check this out.

Rosemary Welch said...

Hi Sherry. Try this one: Reasoning Through Romans. It comes from Bible.org.

Have you brought this to the attention of your Pastor? In the Bible, we are advised to bring things to the attention of our Pastor. How are they supposed to know what is on our mind if we do not share it?

I know we all think they are perfect, but they are not. They are human, and they need our prayers. Have you prayed for him? Have you prayed about this?

Talk to him. I know itwill take a lot weight off your shoulders. Maybe even his! He does, after all, have to try to minister to everyone...