Saturday, June 09, 2007

Children of Christ

John 10
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.
It should make us very happy to know that he has called us unto him and these words tell us exactly where his children will be. In the Kingdom of Heaven. We cannot be plucked from his hand. This is very encouraging to know and Praise God Almighty in the name of Jesus Christ. We must continue in our faith and be firmly grounded in our beliefs and not be swayed in the least.

As he said to Joshua when leading the Israelites into the promised Land of Israel.
"Be strong and be of good courage."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Those verses are so encouraging and I think we need to dwell on being firm and standing more and more today. Things are so chaotic. I'm proud to be a child of God and know where I stand on things according to God's Word. IN this day and age, I'm so thrilled to have the Word of God to comfort and guide me.

Rosemary Welch said...

Right on point! Very encouraging. I just received an email from my hero in Afghanistan. He's fine. Wheh! God hears His children's prayers, and He is faithful! Please pray for 'Morgan' and his two Soldiers with him to remain safe, and to come home safe, sound, alive and in one piece. Also, grant them VICTORY!

PS. Boy, you've gotten over that writer's block, eh? lol.

Susan said...

Lots of good verses in John 10 about our Shepherd. My favorites are
10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goesth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him for they know not the voice of strangers.
Boy what a promise. WHAT A SAVIOR!
Susan

Unknown said...

Hey Miss Sherry-wherefore art thou!

Rita Loca said...

checking in and wondering where you are?