Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Treasures in Heaven

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal.

I've been busy summer cleaning, going through all the boys' clothes to find out which ones still fit and which ones are too small. All the ones that are too small for Justin (my youngest) I've put in a trash bag to take it to the Goodwill or Salvation Army. It's been pretty hectic around here. I've decided to post the above verses because it reminded me of how we should be helping those who are less fortunate than we are and there are many young children still out there whos families really need clothes for their children. I've been going through my stuff as well, getting rid of old clothes that I don't wear any more, knowing that someone else could use them too. I ask all who read this to do the same. If you have anything you don't use, can't wear anymore, or don't wear anymore, please take it to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army. God Bless each and every one of you! It is a blessing that we can all pass along to those in need.

2 comments:

Rosemary Welch said...

OMG! I picked out the same template! lol. (I already sent you a comment on this post through the email.)

If you'd like to see how I changed it or want some help with yours, go to Rosemary's Thoughts. I just done fiddling with it. I think, lol.

I hope you are having a wonderful day. Have a blessed weekend.

Unknown said...

It sounds like you and I are doing the same things around our homes. I completely tore my 9 year old son's room apart today.Every base board and piece of furniture got scrubbed and polished! I went through all his clothes about 2 wks. ago and sent many he had outgrown, but were still like new, to some friends in N.C. who have 5 children, 4 being little boys!

Now our family room floor is full of piles of toys, we categorized them and now are looking for best way to store them. It's fun when it finished and the room gleams, but right now I'm so tired!

Have fun with your sorting!