Saturday, July 21, 2007

Joel Chapter 3

Here is what Joel 3:1-8

For behold, in those days and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations and bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and divided up my land. And they have cast lots for my people and have given a boy for a harlot and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink. Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? Will ye render me a recompense? And if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompense upon your own head; Because ye have taken my silver and my gold, and have carried into your temples my goodly pleasant things: The children also of Judah and the children of Jerusalem have ye sold unto the Grecians that ye might remove them far from their border. Behold, I will raise them out of the place whither ye have sold them and will return your recompense upon your own head: And I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the children of Judah, and they shall sell them to the Shebaites, to a people far off: for the Lord hath spoken it.

This speaks of the coming Gog and Magog war that will happen. Israel was established a nation in May of 1948 just as prophecied in Ezekiel 37:19-22. Also, the times of the Gentiles referred to the time that Gentiles were in control of the Holy City of Jerusalem. Israel fought the 6 day war with the Arabs and won recapturing Jerusalem in June 1967.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Soon and very soon!
Susan

Rita Loca said...

Sooner than we think!

Pen of Jen said...

I love that the book of Revelation is such a current events of what is going on.


Thanks for this, I enjoy stopping by, and like Rita and Susan I think the day is approaching!

Unknown said...

Soon and very soon, we are going to see the King! That gives me goose bumps!

Anonymous said...

It's not too long again when the Lord shall put in His appearance to judge each and everyone according to his or her work. the only thing you can do now is to turn to Him before it is too late.