Thursday, July 26, 2007

Remembering the Feasts

I have been reading and reading and reading. Earlier today, I have been to several Messianic Jewish websites which pointed some things out. There are 7 feasts in the Bible (Leviticus 23) that the Israelite covenant had to keep. These were:

Spring Feasts/Festivals
Pesach/Passover
Hag Matzot/Feast of Unleavened Bread
Yom Habikkurim/Festival of the Early First Fruits
Shavuot/Feast of Weeks/Latter First Fruits/

Fall Feasts/Festivals
Yom Teruah (Rosh Hoshanna)/Feast of Trumpets
Yom Kippur/Day of Atonement
Sukkot/Feast of Tabernacles

Jesus was the Passover Lamb without spot & without blemish for redemption of sins. He was buried in the cave 3 nights/days which resulted in the justification and sanctification of the Unleavened Bread. On the 3rd day, the Father raised him from the dead being the Early First Fruits. During the Feast of Weeks (in Greek was known as Pentecost) was when Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to the Apostles.

As you can see, 4 of the festivals have been fulfilled. There are yet 3 more to be fulfilled. To find out more on this subject, I recommend this website http://www.derech.org/
I has so much info in regards to the feasts/festivals. Please visit this site. Thank you and God bless you all.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love studying about the feasts. Everything in the OT is a shadow of what unfolds with Christ. It is so exciting. The Day of the Lord is truly near.
Susan

Unknown said...

I have done a little study of the feasts. They intrigue me. I especailly enjoyed studying the passover.