Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Number of the Beast

Not too long ago, I was studying the Bible comparing Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel to the Book of Revelations. Something was troubling me about this "mark" on the forehead and the right hand. Was it a literal mark or was this a spiritual mark? So when I did some research a while back on the Hebrew Alephbet, the Hebrew Alephbet has numerical values associated with them. Why? I don't know. However, the number "6" represents "man" since it was on the 6th day man was created.

As I was trying to figure out if this was literal or spiritual, a verse from the Bible popped into my head. Deuteronomy 6:5-8
5-And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. 6-And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: 7-And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. 8-And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.

Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six.

Well, anyway, I cannot fathom this 1 man antichrist to stand up and proclaim that everyone worship him. It just didn't make any sense to me. So I went to sleep. I must have dreamed something, even though I couldn't remember it, I woke up saying 666 is the infinite number of mankind committing evil abominations. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks exactly what he had been trying to convey. It is called the number of a man who commits evil or thinks evil thoughts. For example:
Nebuchudnezzar was a MAN OF SIN.
Roman emperor Nero was a MAN OF SIN.
Antioch Epiphanies IV was a MAN OF SIN.
Adolf Hitler was a MAN OF SIN.
Ted Bundy (famous serial killer) was a MAN OF SIN.
Osama Bin Laden is considered a MAN OF SIN.

Any one who thinks evil thoughts or puts his right hand to committing evil actions/abominations is considered a transgressor and a MAN OF SIN by disobeying the Lord's Holy Commands.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition. Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God showing himself that he is God.

We all know who the son of perdition is. Where is the temple of God? Here:

1 Corinthians 4:16-17 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

Who is going to exalt himself in these temples? Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle NOT against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

That's right, too many people claim they know everything there is to know when they don't instead of being meek and humble the way Christ is. Too many people have pride set up in their hearts and minds which is a stumbling block. I have seen many Christians try to form God in their own minds as to who he is instead of forming themselves to God's ways of righteousness. People need to remember, God does not answer to us; we have to answer to him. Believe me, I do not have all the right answers as to how to live that perfect and righteous life except to tell people to read their Bible daily and talk with our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ. He will reveal to you that which you seek.

6 comments:

Winston said...

the essay is now ready and uploaded

Susan said...

This is one that has puzzled almost everyone and I doubt we will really know what it means until that time, and being a pre-trib person I personally don't believe we'll be here to see it or be concerned about it.

My mother told me when I was a young girl that when they first set up social security and started issuing SS numbers everyone thought it was the mark of the beast.

I just know my faith and trust is in My Jesus and I know that without faith it is impossible to please Him.
Susan

Pen of Jen said...

I love the close, my husband always says...God made the world He made the rules.

I am with Susan, I do not believe that I will be here to see who the anti christ will be.

Good thought provoking post!
Jen

Rita Loca said...

The more I think I know, the less I know, you know????

Unknown said...

It thrills me to see how you love studying the Word!

I know I won't be here for the tribulation. What a relief! How could we as Christians live happily, thinking we had to endure that? That is why we should share the gospel with all we can. It breaks my heart to think of folks having to go through all that terrible stuff!

Anonymous said...

Most people seem to misunderstand what the number of the beast, 666, means. The best article I have ever seen about this is called: "Nuclear Beasts of Revelation 13", and can be found at
http://sites.google.com/site/newinterpretations/Home/revelation-13