Saturday, July 28, 2007

Results of EKG

Last Tuesday, I had a doctors appointment because of some chest, neck and shoulder pains I had been having. He ordered some labwork to be done as well as an EKG. He called me today and advised that he will be setting up an appointment for me ASAP because it wasn't a normal result.

For those who don't truly know what an EKG is, I will tell you.
An electrocardiogram – abbreviated as EKG or ECG – is a test that measures the electrical activity of the heartbeat. With each beat, an electrical impulse (or “wave”) travels through the heart. This wave causes the muscle to squeeze and pump blood from the heart.


My results showed it was slightly elevated. So this means I just might have to go back on meds. What a bummer.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news Sherry. I'll be praying for the best outcome for you. Thanks for sharing.

Rosemary Welch said...

Dear Sherry,

I'm so glad there is so much more that they can do with medicine these days. I will be praying for you also. Don't forget to ask the doctor for your lollipop...or is that only at the dentist? :)

(My way of turning a bad situation on its head. Be good. I will be praying for you.)

Pen of Jen said...

I just said a prayer for you. Remember you are never alone and the Lord is our Comforter!

Take care!
Jennifer

SERENDIP said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sending healing thoughts and my prayers. Take good care!

Anonymous said...

please try this: talk to your heart and keep telling it how you appreciate the good job its doing. it may help make your heart feel good and try to cooperate a little more! maybe the poor thing needs a pat on the back sometimes! Also imagine your heart is surrounded by light. Do these exercises all the time and you can even make a picture of a heart encircled in light and write something under it to remind you to focus on the exercise.

Pen of Jen said...

Sherry I pray that you are doing well. I tagged you for something...read the post titled Name Tag#2.
Jennifer