Sunday, August 27, 2006

Allegory of Abraham

The original promise by Almighty God to Abraham states in Genesis 12:2,3 (2)I will make of thee a great nation, I will bless thee, and make they name great, and thou shalt be a blessing: (3) And I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Romans 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was NOT to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Galatians 3:6,7 (6)Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. (7) Know ye therefore that they which are of FAITH, the same are the children of Abraham.

Galatians 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a free-woman.
Galatians 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the free woman was by promise.

Ishmael was born after the flesh; whereas, Isaac was born by a promise from God.
People (no matter the race) who are unbelievers are those born after the flesh.
People (no matter the race) who are the true believers (God's chosen Elect) were by promise.

2 comments:

Rosemary Welch said...

Please stop trying to not offend people. Do you not understand that by speaking truth alone, you are offending many? (any races, etc.)

How are you doing? I'm well. I have written a post, and I thought you may be interested in writing one yourself. It is, "A Real Hero You Should Know.

BTW, did those instructions help? Have a great and blessed day. :)

Sherry said...

yes those instructions helped thanks. I will put them on there. I have saved that email just in case.

I'm not trying to offend anyone with those verses. If I did, I apologize :(

I'm doing ok. Been reading the Bible and having dreams only remembering the tail end of them. LOLOLOL Also, been a wrestling post for my 2 youngest boys who are 7 and 4. I don't have a daughter, so as you can see, I'm surrounded by testosterone! LOLOLOL

Have a Blessed Day!